There are three main types of digital signs:
- Un-managed: These are the stand-alone digital signs that are typically connected to a DVD player or a smart TV that is playing the content of a USB drive plugged into it.
- Managed: These are the digital signs that can be managed through the network.
- Cloud-based: These are the digital signs that can be managed directly through the internet.
CloudPixel is an example of a cloud-based solution. The advantages of utilizing Cloud-based solutions are numerous, here are some of them:
- Cost efficiency – no need for capital investments to acquire servers or software
- Ease of access from anywhere around the world
- Scalable system – ability to add an unlimited number of users and an unlimited number of devices (screens)
- Real-time backup – maximum up-time and disaster recovery built-in
- Automatic software upgrades and updates
- Minimal administration and maintenance cost